Thursday 1 June 2017

How to Reveiw Activities and Searches on your Gmail Account

Gmail saves all your activities.
Did you know that? Yup, Gmail accounts are smart and save all your activities. From your search till your YouTube videos.
Maybe you did, but I didn't...
I was surfing my gmail, seeing what cool features it has to offer and suddenly saw that all my YouTube and web searches are saved in my activity log! I didn't even know gmail had an activity log. There were like hundreds of searches I had made all saved there for my review. It's pretty cool to have that so you can go back to your previous searches if you don't remember what you had typed before but also kind of creepy.
Some people clear the search history of their browser everyday, well, seems that's not enough to clean your work, you also have another filter in your gmail where it's saving up your history.
So if you work while your gmail is constantly logged in, you can be sure all your activities are being saved in your account.
Gmail did inform us that it's saving our work, but I guess I never really cared.
Not that I do now, but for those who require deleting their history and searches, don't forget to clear your gmail as well.
I'm not sure about other account domains because I don't use them (I don't like them actually) but if you want to review your previous search, if you're logged in your gmail:
go to your picture on the top right hand side,
click my account and
go to My Activity.
There is a "bundle view" tap and an "item view" tap, whichever you click, it takes you to your search and YouTube history.
You can check out your previous activities, find your searches and use them again, or you can delete them.
Let me know if you have any questions or any other things you've learned which you think not many people know or care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment